Subject: (urth) and brush your tusks after every meal

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 00:45:25 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

I don't remember if this issue was brought to  a consensus, but I know
that there was some discussion about what the Sleighers (in Tracking
Song) were doing when they told the Panigaku to not eat certain rare
animals much.

Since the Sleighers are terraforming the planet, they, as per their
implied desire not to change what occurs very much, don't want any
animals to become extinct because of their actions.  They tell the
tribes to not eat food they see rarely, because after the warming some
species of "food" will have difficulty coping with the changes (like
those who live in snow) and decrease in numbers.  If the tribes ate
them when they found them (as a treat, if they become rare) they would
probably go extinct.

prion
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/