Subject: (urth) old, cold, and bold

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 00:57:54 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

In Tracking Song, it seems that the tribes don't just represent modern
animals, but Ice Age animals.  They also are all giant varieties of
current animals in North America who also were found in North America.

Wiggikki:  dire wolves
Nashhwonk:  giant elk
Ketin(sha):  cave lion(ness)
Panigaku:  (don't know what a giant boar would be)
(Cim's tribe):  giant mink
Min:  (still don't know anything about these)

I don't remember the name of the big cat guy who attacks the Panigaku,
but he is represented by a smilodon (sabre-toothed tiger).  This is
because his weapon is make of a stick with two rib bones at the end
curving like the fangs of this animal did.  This also parallels the
smilodon in the Tale of the Boy Named Frog in the Book of the New Sun.
 Does anyone have any more theories on parallels in these two stories?

prion.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/