Subject: (urth) Winnoc, Beuzec in Lex

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.geis.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 14:45:00 +0000

prion,

Beuzec is teasingly mentioned in "the Lexicographer's Introduction"
(of "Lexicon Urthus: Additions, Errata, &cetera") but doesn't have
an entry in the text ("Additions and Errata") that follows.  Winnoc
has no mention at all.

Re: Beuzec as the slug.  An interesting notion which goes toward
explaning how Hethor might transport it around without teleporting
all the time.

Hethor has many aspects about him, including for example, aspects of
"grayness" and "being a hairless rat."  The grayness translates into
his great antiquity; the ratliness shows his creepiness, the
revulsion he creates in Severian.

But when Beuzec disappears into a hole in the wall (like a rat hole),
and Severian supposes that he has escaped into the second house, we
have rats again--since the white wolves lurk within the walls like
rats writ large.

=mantis=

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/