Subject: (urth) Re: wolfe from door

From: Damien Broderick <damien at ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 19:24:24 +0000

I wrote to Peter Nicholls thus:

> On the URTH list, someone asks:
> 
> < In _The Multimedia Encyclopedia of Science Fiction_ (CD-ROM) John Clute
and
> Peter Nicholls state quite baldly "'A Solar Labyrinth' (1983) was a
> metafiction about the entire Book [of the New Sun]." Does anyone know if
> their thinking on this point derived from any support Wolfe might have
> given this idea? >
> 
> Care to elucidate, old bean?

He replies:

This is new to me. I don't think I'd even read the CD-ROM version of the
Wolfe entry, or if I had, I'd forgotten. You'd need to ask Clute.

============

I have done so, and will relay any Strange Truths as they emerge.

Damien Broderick

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/