Subject: (urth) Animal intelligence

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 09:40:01 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

I know that a while back it was a fairly big point of contention about
the intelligence of the animals of Urth.  Severian barely interacted
with any animals that might have had intelligence, and clues in the
text were hard to decipher.  Well, since the New Sun and Long Sun
books are in the same universe, can't we use the case of Oreb the
night chough?  He seems fairly intelligent, and people aren't
surprised to hear him talk.  There's also the catachrest, of course.

prion

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Marc Coleman <marc.coleman at mwcia.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 11:53:52 +0000

plus the smilodon he tames in UotNS nods when Severian addresses him...