Subject: (urth) Jeannine Wolfe

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 20:07:11 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

When I was thinking about Borski's idea that Aunt Jeannine from _The
Fifth Head of Cerberus_ is an abo (which I believe), I remembered
another point that backs this up.  The use of a spiral staircase as a
metaphor for genetic relationship (a spiral is a helix, as in DNA) has
been discussed concerning No. 5 and Phaedria, but it also relates to
Aunt Jeannine.  When she is taking No. 5 down to her room after she
catches him, she walks with him until they reach the corkscrew
(helical) staircase when she floats down the center instead.  No. 5
continues on the staircase, without her.  So this indicates that there
is no relationship between the two.

These helices-as-DNA also include the spiral in the library that No.
5, David, and Mr. Million use, but I don't see any additional
significance besides showing that they are related as well.

Another point is that when Jeannine first catches No. 5, he has the
feeling that she can see him equally well when there is no light as
when the fireworks are exploding, indicating that she has night vision.

prion
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/