Subject: Another G.Wolfe book set in Urth milieu?

From: Andrew Stevens <as at comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 10:39:22 +0000

Dear all,

am I hallucinating?

On a recent trip to the U.S. I could swear I either saw a flyer for,
or a hard-back copy of, a new book by Gene Wolfe set in the Universe
of the Book/Urth of the New Sun.

Anyone know anything about this, or was it all just a wonderful dream!

	Andrew

---

From: Reilly F. Hayes <rfh at das.ml.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1993 14:22:18 +0000

>Anyone know anything about this, or was it all just a wonderful dream!

Yes, you did see something.  I thought that I saw the book at worldcon, but I
just checked LOCUS and the book is not due out until June 1994.  It is to 
be called _Calde_of_the_Long_Sun_.  It will be published in hardcover by 
Tor.  Unfortunately, LOCUS' list of forthcoming books for the UK does
not list it.

---

From: Patrick Nielsen-Hayden <pnh at panix.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1993 11:16:12 +0000

>Tor.  Unfortunately, LOCUS' list of forthcoming books for the UK does

Ahem.  CALDE OF THE LONG SUN is the _third_ volume of the new four-volume
BOOK OF THE LONG SUN.  The first volume, NIGHTSIDE THE LONG SUN, has been
out in hardcover for several months and will appear in paperback this
December.  The second volume, LAKE OF THE LONG SUN, will appear in January
1994.  CALDE OF THE LONG SUN will appear in late 1994.  All from Tor.

(The British publisher is New English Library; the hardcover packages are
identical.)

-----
Patrick Nielsen Hayden, senior editor, Tor Books