Subject: Happy birthday, Gene Wolfe

From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 05:17:24 +0000

It's Gene Wolfe's 79th birthday, which seems like a good time to post
a link to a poem I wrote that includes Wolfean themes.  I add my best
wishes for improved health for Mr. Wolfe.

http://home.windstream.net/jerryfriedman/pilgrim1.html

Candid but preferably not sarcastic comments are welcome.

I'm posting this to a.u.e as well as rasfw because I asked some
questions for the poem at a.u.e.

--
Jerry Friedman

---

From: CDB <bellemarec at sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 15:51:30 +0000

Jerry Friedman wrote:
>
> It's Gene Wolfe's 79th birthday, which seems like a good time to
> post a link to a poem I wrote that includes Wolfean themes.  I add
> my best wishes for improved health for Mr. Wolfe.
>
I think it works very well.  It's a poem you have to spend some time 
with, and the notes are a big help, NTTAWWT.
I have visited a couple of the poetry groups, and I think I understand 
why you haven't posted there.  They seem to be dominated, and I do 
mean that, by a small number of posters.  Do rasfwers regularly do 
poetrycrit?  I ask because the poem doesn't strike me as primarily 
science-fictional -- but maybe I'm missing stuff; a word might be 
sufficient ("dur"), to start me looking further.  Or maybe rereading 
TBOTNS.