Subject: (whorl) Oreb & Scylla

From: Alex David Groce <alex_groce at gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:32:29 +0000

Thanks to alga, I read "The Night Chough."

The Scylla element there is indisputable, but it hasn't convinced me
that the other suggested places in LONG/SHORT sun are instances of
Scylla possessing Oreb.  It seems to me that if those are meant to be
clues to that, then they are SO subtle that it's underhanded even for
Wolfe--it would almost require that you read this fairly obscure story
to get what would then, Robert seems to be suggesting, be a major plot
point of the series.

--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+ at cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department
8112 Wean Hall (412)-268-3066
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~agroce

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com