Subject: (whorl) More IGJ reread thoughts

From: Endymion9 <endymion9 at mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:32:48 +0000

IGJ, in Fava's second story she implies she was born not long before Horn's
leader (Horn?) walked by.  If that was Fava how can she be "much older" as
some have implied here when explaining how she learned to write, etc.  She
is only a few years old according to this story.

Or...is there an alternative explanation.  Did Fava enter and change Horn's
story (as we heard it) like Horn did to Fava's story earlier.  Is that what
was going on when she told the story one way (I talked to the leader) and
Horn corrected/changed? it later (saying it shook the baby inhuma and forced
it to speak "Mee", etc.)?

The trees?
OBW p.82  Mention of trees/inhumi connection?
IGJ p.124 The trees leaned closer and wept?

What is the Green trees to inhumi connection?

And just noticed again how much i LOVE Oreb!!

p.105 is a perfect example.  "Bird shade"
He makes me laugh so often.  I really mourned and didn't fully enjoy "Exodus
>From the Long Sun" because Oreb seemed to be suplanted by that talking cat
creature (yuck). <grin>.

Dennis/Endy
http://home.mindspring.com/~endymion9/index.htm

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com