Subject: (whorl) Re: Urth and Whorl mailing lists

From: Endymion9 <endymion9 at mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:49:06 +0000

>Please discuss on the lists and/or send me your opinions:
>
>* Is it really necessary to have two lists, or would one be
>more comfortable?
>
>* Would you be offended or annoyed by advertising inserted
>into every message?
>
>* Is the ability to search the message archive for keywords
>useful to you?
>
>Any other advice or suggestions would be welcomed.
>
>Ranjit Bhatnagar
>Keeper of the Urth and Whorl lists

I would be happy with one list.

I ignore advertising in emails from other mailing lists.  It wouldn't bother
me.

I search now with the web browser find function.  I find it adequate but
more advanced search capabilities would be ok too.

Dennis/Endy
http://home.mindspring.com/~endymion9/index.htm

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Endymion9 <endymion9 at mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:49:06 +0000

Dennis/Endy

---

From: mark millman <millman at us.ncipher.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:58:58 +0000

Folks,

Here's my small contribution to the future form of the 
Urth and Whorl lists.

At 8:23 am PDT on 17 October 2000, Ranjit Bhatnagar 
wrote:

> [snip]

Personally I prefer two, as I find that it makes threads 
easier to follow, but it's not a big issue; I could deal 
with one big list, if that's what others prefer.

> annoyed by advertising inserted

I'd rather not have advertising if it can be avoided, but 
I'd much rather have advertising than no list at all.  I 
imagine it won't be too difficult to ignore ads.

> message archive for keywords

Oh yes indeed.

> Any other advice or suggestions 

Well, this isn't advice or a suggestion, but I'm very grate-
ful to you for running this list for us, and for keeping it 
up even in the face of danger and disaster.  Thank you.

> Keeper of the Urth and Whorl lists

Mark Millman (Nacre)
kibbitzer on the Urth and Whorl lists

---

From: mark millman <millman at us.ncipher.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:58:58 +0000

Folks,

Oh yes indeed.

Mark Millman (Nacre)