Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v012.n010

From: akt <akt at attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:10:29 +0000

> From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <ddanehy at siebel.com>
> > I doubt that Wolfe would resort to that cheesy trope of sticking
himself
> in the
> > book, but you never know....
>
> You mean like the cheesy authors of stories like "The Last Thrilling
Wonder
> Story" and "The Fifth Head of Cerebus?" Yeah, you're probably right...
>
> --Blattid

What does "blattid" mean? It's not in the OED.

-alga

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 07:58:12 +0000

> What does "blattid" mean? It's not in the OED.

One of the Blattidaea, of course. Or, as my dear old
grammaw would say, "One of dem cock-a-roaches."

Blatt! Blatt!