Subject: (whorl) RETURN TO THE WHORL - no spoilers

From: Henry Kaiser <hkaiser at sirius.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 15:16:41 +0000

I'm just a lurker on this list, who stays in the background and reads
everything.
A long-time Wolfe fan, since the 60's.
I recently read an advance copy of RETURN TO THE WHORL that I stumbled upon.
I wanted to say a few things about my reactions to it without spoiling
anything. So that folks will know that they have something great to look
forward to.

I was totally satisfied with it as an end to this cycle.
I was emotionally moved by it more than any of the other short sun books.
I was surprised again and again all the way through it.
I think it's one of Wolfe's best works of a series.
I don't think that anyone here on the list will be disappointed......

H. Kaiser 

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: William Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 23:23:06 +0000

At 9:28 AM -0500 12/5/00, Pat O'Leary wrote:
>I, too, read an advance copy

All I can say is, you people make me sick! <G> At least Kevin Maroney 
was too polite too explicitly come out and state that he had received 
and read an advance copy of RTW (not that it wasn't clearly implied).

Sorry, but jealousy  make us say ugly things.

-- 
William Ansley