Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v012.n016

From: Redhaven1 <redhaven1 at aol.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 05:08:32 +0000

As long as we're on the topic of Wolfe's bookcovers, I'd like to get in my 
two (or three) cents.  Firstly, I think the trade-paperback cover of Litany 
of the Long Sun is the best looking book cover of them all.  The book itself 
is just lovely. . .  perhaps my favorite cover of any of my books other than 
Tolkien's, and those are not science-fiction.  Secondly, what does anyone 
think of the cover of the Science Fiction Book Club's omnibus New Sun 
collection?  I my opinion they do a terrible job of Severian and the 
techo-apocolypic background looks out of place.  (Besides that though, it's a 
great book. . . the only place I've ever seen all four books of the New Sun 
together in one volume- and hardcover at that.)  Finally, what about the 
cover of Devil in a Forest?  It's intriguing, but doesn't seem to have 
anything to do with the book.  

-Steve

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com