Subject: (whorl) Urth's Green

From: Dan Rabin <wolfe-lists at danrabin.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:18:39 +0000

Matt asks,
>
>>(4) Are there inhumu on Urth? Horn/Silk mentions that Green is much 
>>larger and brighter when seen on the Red Sun whorl. Since inhumu 
>>can get to Blue, that would mean they could probably get to Urth 
>>much easier.

I recall that what is said is "their Green is larger and brighter 
than ours".  The reference is to the Moon, called "Lune" in _The Book 
of the New Sun_, and appearing green because forests were planted on 
it in the forgotten past.  The speaker is just calling all bright 
green celestial objects "Greens", as we call all satellites of 
planets "moons".

   -- Dan Rabin

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com