Subject: (whorl) More RTW thoughts

From: Endymion9 <endymion9 at mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:42:54 +0000

Just some general thoughts.

I thought RTW was the best  conclusion to a Gene Wolfe series that I have
read.  Yes I had problems, the same problems I have at the end of any Wolfe
story.  I don't know everything I want to know.
Like what happens to Sinew and his Trivaguante <sp?> wife.   And other
questions I've listed in other posts.  But this is nothing new.

And I also wasn't thrilled that Krait died, Fava died, Jahlee died, Horn and
Sinew never could patch things up, etc., but who is to say the story would
have been better if they hadn't.  Also, I kind of like when a story is
unpredictable and doesn't just do what I expect.  It's rare to be surprised
when so many stories are just rehashes of previous work.

I just know I felt much more satisfied after reading RTW than I did after
reading
Citadel of the Autarch or Urth of the New Sun
and Exiles of the Long Sun

Dennis/Endy
http://home.mindspring.com/~endymion9/index.htm

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com