Subject: (whorl) Hello & Get Well

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:04:00 +0000

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #8427414 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET#

Hello there, Patrick O'Leary! (Author of DOOR NUMBER THREE which has
been getting great reviews.)  Good to see you here--now I just have
to think up a prybar to make you speak up more!

Thanks for the "Seven Nights" article info.  Do you happen to know
the name of the author of that one?

Last time we were chatting, you and Jerboa had to keep quiet about
EXODUS around me because you both had read it pre-publication.
(And thank you for your tact, by the way!)  But both of you were just
bursting to talk about it.  (Such is the curse of being in the
advance guard!)  So I would mention things going on in the
earlier books, like Quetzal turning into a plumed snake, and Gene
dropping hints in conversation about the alien(s) on board, and your
eyes would light up: "yes, yes, and then . . . oh, nothing."

alga (author of THE HISTORY OF HELL, which has wonderful text and
lavish illustrations),

Sorry to read about your hospital visit.  Get well!

=mantis=

Questions or problems to whorl-owner at lists.best.com