Subject: (whorl) RTW and the Plan of Pas (Mora, Fava, Mucor)

From: Endymion9 <endymion9 at mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:32:35 +0000

Just chewing over some comments others have made and trying to tie them into
Pas plan for conquering Blue/Green.

One person commented on Mucor not being special anymore if Mora/Fava or
anyone could possess someone.

My first thought is that one Mucor or even a few Mucors would not be of much
advantage in the war against the inhumi.  Perhaps Mucor was an advance guard
who could be used until the average citizens learned how to astral travel.

I'm assuming the Neighbors could astral travel without any assistance, human
or inhumi.  My next assumption is that the inhumi have learned to astral
travel but only with the assistance of a Neighbor or human.  Otherwise the
inhumi on Green would be astral traveling to Blue as spies, advance guard,
etc. and I saw no evidence of this.  This discounts the theory that Horn
could astral travel because he was an inhumu.  He and Jahlee made a journey
by themselves if I remember right and one of them would have to be not
inhumi.

So my guess is that Mora/Fava is the beginning of what Pas planned for all
humans in their war agianst the inhumi.  Not that it did the Neighbors any
good, but every advantage is better than no advantage.

And I'm not sure if I'm confusing astral travel with possession.  What
exactly is the difference.  Is possession just astral traveling into someone
else?

Dennis/Endy
http://home.mindspring.com/~endymion9/index.htm

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com