Subject: (whorl) Did Pig Kill Silk?

From: James Jordan <jbjordan at gnt.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:46:24 +0000

says he killed an augur. Okay. But "Silk" is very much alive, as he knows as
well as anyone. Thus, it does not appear to me that he could believe that he
had killed Silk. I should think he would say, "I tried to kill an augur."
	I guess it also seems to me that Pig would have done a more thorough
job. A bunch of cuts on the arms is not a good killing job. A beheading, or
a thrust through the heart would be better. Of course, on your thesis, Silk
had to be able to "revive," so "Tartaros" had to kill him in a rather
"indirect" way. But my first question still stands.
	Untie this knot for me.

Patera Nutria

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: James Jordan <jbjordan at gnt.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:23:18 +0000

Patera Nutria