Subject: (whorl) Another note on all these posts: Tartaros

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:45:13 +0000

A lot of people (notably Robert Borski) suggest that Tartaros is in 
possession of Pig, while Michael Andre-Driussi, in discussing the
possibility of Sev. as one of Pas's sprats, suggests Tartaros.

No to both, for the same reason. Tartaros is not only blind, was 
not only born blind, but is utterly and incurably and inalterably
blind; even when riding/in possession of Auk, he cannot see through
Auk's eyes but must ask Auk to describe things.

So he isn't Sev., unless you want to consider "loose traditional
reincarnation," of the sort by which any two persons not alive at
the same time might be the same person -- which is to say, by which
it would be meaningless to talk about "same."

And he isn't in control of Pig, and Pig certainly isn't him; Pig
can see when given an eye.

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com