Subject: (whorl) Re: truculent comments

From: Ian Smith <doctoriancsmith at hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 23:02:49 +0000

Just spent ages catching up on the last 15 digests.  Blimey!

Anyhow, just a couple of quick things I couldn't resist:

Blattid wrote:

>Well, everyone on Tzadkiel's ship seems to speak Urthish, for
>what that's worth.

Not true.  I can't be bothered to look for the ref, but I distinctly
remember Gunnie talking to Sev about the ship and explaining how the put
similar races near to each other, and hints there may be different
atmospheres in the further reaches of the ship for totally 'alien' races.
Remember, only  people from urth get to land on yesod to go and 'judge' Sev.

And Patera N.:

  >       1c. This is not Wolfe but Star Trek, and humans intermarry with
>                aliens all the time!!!!

Now as you know very well Wolfe and Star Trek are NOT mutually exclusive.
The former did write an episode of the latter after all!

And las a question (although I'm sure I don't deserve any favours after
comments like the above).  Is the Clute review available on the web
anywhere, or could anyone email me a copy?

Ian

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: James Jordan <jbjordan4 at home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:31:52 +0000

>The former did write an episode of the latter after all!

Whoa. I sure did not know that. What episode, on which show?

Nutria