Subject: Re: (whorl) homeopathic doses of Typhon (2)

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 16:49:57 +0000

On 30 Mar 2001, Dan Parmenter wrote:

> > To put it another way, Silk is now Autarch of the Whorl because he
> > has consumed Typhon and knows all the passwords.
> 
> Right.  And consider, if the "Horn lives" hypothesis is correct,
> you've got SilkHornPas running around on the old Whorl: the body and
> mind of a superhero with the "love vibe", the mind of a tyrant and the
> mind of an expert propagandist.  A terrifying thought.  

I should also point out, in the part you quote above, I was referring to
the downloaded mainframe version of Silk, aka Passilk.  I didn't mean to
say that the human Silk had consumed Typhon and had the run of the Whorl
(although that would make a neater parallel with Severian).

-Rostrum

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com