Subject: (whorl) Not Pas, but another god of the same name

From: David Lebling <dlebling at ucentric.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:46:01 +0000

On 30 Mar 2001, Dan Parmenter wrote:
> "In one sense he wasn't there, either.  In another he is here
> with us at this moment, because I am."

If it weren't for the passage you quote, I would have said there is no Pas
in the Narrator.  Pig probably has some Pas because he's been posessed by
the Mainframe version of Silk, which is Passilk.  But the the human Silk
was never posessed by Pas that we know of, so why would the Narrator have
any Pas in him?>>

I take the passage quoted by Dan Parmenter oppositely.

It means that because "Pas" on the Whorl is now "Passilk", having Silk
present means that Pas is also present, because Pas is at least partly Silk
now.

-- Dave Lebling
    aka vizcacha

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com