Subject: (whorl) Re: [OT] Crowley, _The Translator_

From: Kevin J. Maroney <kmaroney at ungames.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:40:28 +0000

At 11:05 PM 4/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Before it appears, there'll be a standalone novel, already completed,
>entitled THE TRANSLATORS.  There are conflicting reports on rasfw as to its
>nature: Kevin Maroney believes it's "a science fiction novel with angels as
>major characters" ... but another
>poster quotes LOCUS as saying it's a mainstream novel.

I misremembered what I had read. Crowley says in his interview with Alice
Turner that it is 

  a book with very different ambitions (though it too deals with the powers
  and great angels). It's called _The Translator_ and will be out in about
  a year. It's a love story about poets and poetry, and it takes place at
  a Midwestern university at the time of the Cuban missle crisis. ...
  [It is] only marginally science fiction. 

--
Kevin Maroney | kmaroney at crossover.com | (212) 777-1190

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com