Subject: (whorl) The God of the Crossroads

From: BraveSaintCroix <bravesaintcroix at aol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:19:51 +0000

All,

    This isn't really a discussion, just an observation that I've made that I 
thought was cool (and reflects how I'm probably thinking of SS a little too 
much).  Those yellow crossroad signs with a black "sign of addition" before 
intersections: I've come to thinking of them as sort of a homage to 
Quadrifons, god of crossroads.  At least, that's what they remind me of.  
Kinda fitting; that's what his name was supposed to be often substituted 
with, wasn't it?  Yeah, my two bits.  

-Steve

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:37:30 +0000

Someone may or may not have mentioned this before -- but --

Steve's comment on Quadrifons (may or may not) have a bearing on
the whole problem of Silk and the inhumi. There is, you know, an
established relationship of a particular kind between vampires 
and crossroads...