Subject: (whorl) Mora as Mucor

From: David Lebling <dlebling at ucentric.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:32:35 +0000

> From: "Robert Borski" <rborski at charter.net>
> Hey, does this then perhaps answer the question about who it is that Mora
> and Inclito remind Horn of --i.e., Mucor and Blood?
>
> Pertinent quote from IGJ: "...after racking my brain for long days I've
> finally realized who you and your father remind me of. I knew--I felt, at
> least--that I had met you both before. I won't tell you because the names
> would mean nothing to you."

Hmm, given the conversation with Mora in which Horn basically tells her
she's going to be dead sexy when she grows up, in spite of being a big,
tough woman, my assumption has been that he was thinking of Chenille, not
Mucor. I had thought Auk for Inclito, but Blood is certainly a reasonable
speculation as well.

    Dave Lebling
    aka vizcacha

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: David DiGiacomo <dd at adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:28:00 +0000

>Mucor. I had thought Auk for Inclito, but Blood is certainly a reasonable

I thought it was Chenille and her father, Calde Tussah.