Subject: (whorl) New Wolfe story online

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:53:13 +0000

A few months ago, I urged Ellen Datlow to run a Gene
Wolfe story on SCI FICTION, and lo--whether because of
my suggestion or without reference to it--she has now
done so. The story is new, it's called "Copperhead",
and it can be found here:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/originals/originals_archive/wolfe/wolfe1.html

--Nick Gevers.

____________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.co.uk address at http://mail.yahoo.co.uk
or your free @yahoo.ie address at http://mail.yahoo.ie

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Robert Borski <rborski at charter.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:28:22 +0000

Dr. Nick has written:

<A few months ago, I urged Ellen Datlow to run a Gene Wolfe story on SCI
FICTION, and lo--whether because of my suggestion or without reference to
it--she has now done so. The story is new, it's called "Copperhead", and it
can be found here:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/originals/originals_archive/wolfe/wolfe1.htm
l>

Actually, if you access the site at a somewhat earlier point--

http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/originals/

--you'll be able to access the charming autobiographical sketch Wolfe wrote
to accompany the story. It's found in the lower right hand corner at the
hypertext link "by Gene Wolfe".

Hey, Nick, do you know any other on-line editors who might be able to run
pieces by the man?

Robert Borski

---

From: David DiGiacomo <dd at adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:08:58 +0000

>http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/originals/originals_archive/wolfe/wolfe1.html

Wow, I hated this story.  It had all my least favorite Lupine elements:
phonetic dialect, misogyny, Christianity, and an incomprehensible ending.

Did anyone like it?

---

From: Endymion9 <endymion9 at mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 22:01:16 +0000

>phonetic dialect, misogyny, Christianity, and an incomprehensible ending.

I liked it.  Didn't understand the last paragraph but everything else seemed
fairly straight forward.  At least I could figure out the phonetic dialect
this time.  Many times I didn't know what Pig was saying.

Dennis/Endy
http://home.mindspring.com/~endymion9/index.htm