Subject: Re: (whorl) Wombat's Wolfe Seminar

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 08:54:51 +0000

Wombat quoted and wrote:
>>OTOH, it does lead to an interesting notion: what if, instead of a FAQ
>>about a book/series/story, what if there was a position tabulation, sort of
>>like a voting ballet, showing broad points ("Participants like the piece"
>>xx%; "Respondents dislike the piece" xx%), then medium points, down to fine
>>detail points?
>
>Ahah! The Wolfe Seminar! We could all get pink, red, grey, and black balls
>and vote on whether Severian is his own mother....

Which makes me think it might come out more like "Family Feuuud": "Survey
says . . . BOOK OF THE NEW SUN	is a good read!" <g>

But that would be fine on two counts: it would still do the job; it would
reflect the family feud nature of the discussions.<g>

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
Has Moved To
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Alice Turner <pei047 at attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 12:09:33 +0000

> reflect the family feud nature of the discussions.<g>

What, us feud?

-alga