Subject: (whorl) The Last Word

From: Patrick O'Leary <poleary at cecom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:48:35 +0000

OK, let's settle this.

PALE FIRE is a masterpiece.

The SUN books aren't Fanfic.

Jesus is either God or not.

The Gospels are either history or not.

"Sirius" is a pun on "serious." I think.

There is a very large amusement park outside my present lodgings.

Rave On, you crazy Lupes.

Patrick O'Leary

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:25:44 +0000

> PALE FIRE is a masterpiece.

Stipulated with the reservation that I don't personally _like_ it.

> The SUN books aren't Fanfic.

Enthusiastically endorsed.

> The Gospels are either history or not.

Either stipulated or not stipulated.

> There is a very large amusement park outside my present lodgings.

I'll happily stipulate that you know what you think and what
is outside your present lodgings.

> Rave On, you crazy Lupes.
This is a Pink Floyd reference?

--G'blattid

---

From: Alex David Groce <alex_groce at gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:16:49 +0000

> Rave On, you crazy Lupes.

Who, I wonder, is Syd Barrett here?

--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+ at cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department
8112 Wean Hall (412)-268-3066
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~agroce