Subject: (whorl) the third version of Vironese history

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:42:38 +0000

Over on the Urth side we were working again on the Invisible Library
project. So among all the other texts-within-the-text, we were talking
about Scleroderma's "Book of the Long Sun," but then there was that =other=
"other Book of the Long Sun," the one by the guy who lived in the Chicago
analog.

Remind us all where that was located in the text.  IIRC it was in the Short
Sun books, but maybe not.

(About a month ago I found a hc of PEACE in a used bookstore on the isle of
Alameda. Heh.)

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
Has Moved To
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

*This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/
*To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
*If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list: urth at lists.best.com

---

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:13:10 +0000

I'm pretty sure it's in the beginning of Blue, when Horn's on the ship
leaving home just before getting attacked by the Leatherskin.

---

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:49:40 +0000

>leaving home just before getting attacked by the Leatherskin.

Yes, thanks--there it is!  Page 51.

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
Has Moved To