Subject: (whorl) Severian on Lune?

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 16:25:05 +0000

Hello there Andy Robertson,

Welcome aboard!  Thank you for getting permission to post the essay on your
website, and for posting the essay.  (And for telling us about it!)  It
seems to have happened so quickly--do you work for "Interzone"?

On Thursday you wrote:
>I am sure that if we knew the story of Severian's visit to Lune we would
>understand better.  But Wolfe has not written it down yet, so it hasn't
>happened, so even Wolfe does not know the answer.

Today you touched again on Severian and Lune when you wrote:
>I wish even more that we had seen that visit of Severian to Lune.

I confess I do not know what bit of text in THE BOOK OF THE NEW SUN and/or
URTH OF THE NEW SUN you are referring to here, and I would like to find
out!  I know about the alluded adventure of Severian's year as an Ascian
slave, for example, but I do not know of any alluded visit to Lune by
Severian.

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

---

From: Andy Robertson <andywrobertson at clara.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:38:25 +0000

I am sure it has been alluded to by Wolfe.  But where, I cannot say.   And
now you challenge me, I fear that  I may have been mistaken.

I am sorry if that is so.  I will continue to look for the reference.

I am one of IZ's assistant editors - have been for 20 years.    Slushpile
reader, really.   I am just aa fan.  IZ is a shoestring thing, all dags and
tatters.

    Andy Robertson

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Andre-Driussi" <mantis at siriusfiction.com>