Subject: Pullmanitis

From: Alice Turner <aturner3 at nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:17:10 +0000

>>From Dan'l:

> Pullman readers may be interested in these two links to recent
> interviews (which I pulled off Locus):
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,589797,00.html
>
>
http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2001/11/11/stirevnws03003.html

Good stuff. Interesting that no byline is given for the Guardian piece,
though it's told quite personally. There's a fair amount about Pullman on
the web; I printed out some of it when I was thinking about writing about
him.

You non-Yanks might be interested to know that early Harry Potter reviews
are dribbling in (it opens Friday), none of them entirely complimentary. One
complains that the Quidditch game whizzes around so fast that he can't
follow the play. Alan Rickman (Snape) apparently steals every scene he's
in--of course he's good at that, and you need a good Snape.

-alga

---

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:23:17 +0000

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Alice Turner wrote:

> follow the play. 

That seems like it would be just right to me.  I was under the impression
that Qudditch is a caractature of sports by someone who doesn't like them.

-Rostrum