Subject: dual list discussion

From: j e <lo_phan17 at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 00:53:22 +0000

Hello everyone
I'm a long time lurker but looking to post more often. I'm for one list but 
would prefer it Wolfe only. Pullman and Crowley may be fine writers, worthy 
of some of the fine-toothedness I've seen demonstrated here, but I'd prefer 
a Wolfe-dedicated discussion. Ranjit, is it possible to have a Wolfe list 
and a more open, general discussion list? I don't know how the financial 
side of whorl hosting works or what options you have but it seems to me 
you've enabled the formation of a community and it would be interesting to 
see the scope of exchange broadened. Anyone else feel similarly?

As for a handle I'm picking one that's seems both whorlly and close to my 
own name - Eule.

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:34:39 +0000

Eule wrote: 

> Hello everyone
> I'm a long time lurker but looking to post more often. I'm for one
> list but would prefer it Wolfe only. ... Ranjit, is it possible to 
> have a Wolfe list and a more open, general discussion list? 

Actually this isn't a bad idea a-tall: One list for Wolfe discussion
and one for other "Lupine" writers. Except, of course, that the second
list quickly becomes a combination general literary discussion and
argument about "what is Lupine," so its value might fall into
question fairly quickly. Or maybe not. I like the idea if it could
be handled well.

H'mmmm. How about this: One main list, one to which we _move_ 
discussions when they wander off the immediately Lupine? And what to 
call such lists?

"Wolfe" and "Dogge"? 

"Lupine" and "Quasilupine?"

"Whorl" and "Swirl?"

"Urth" and "Sky"?

"Fred" and "Ethel"?

"Wolfetrain" and "Sidecar"?