Subject: corn genetics discussed a lot in the text

From: maa32 <maa32 at dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 07:49:52 +0000

Hey guys, just one more thing that stresses the importance of plant genetics:
Wolfe goes to great lengths to talk about the genetics of corn, how to cross 
it to get white and red and yellow kernels, how to keep it pure.  It is very 
important in the text.  Plant genetics is the answer. It really is.  This time 
I'm right. I am.  The corn genetics clue us in to think of other kinds of 
plant genetics.
I'm going to bed.  Have a good night.  
Marc Aramini

---

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 13:38:14 +0000

> I'm right. I am.  The corn genetics clue us in to think of other kinds of 

Maybe.  On re-reading OBW, I thought the reason for going on about hybrid
vigor is because it's thematically related to the Horn/Silk hybrid.

-Rostrum

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 17:41:12 +0000

Rostrum wrote...

> Maybe.  On re-reading OBW, I thought the reason for going on about
> hybrid vigor is because it's thematically related to the Horn/Silk
> hybrid.

... at which it occurred to me that "Horn Silk" is one letter different
from Corn Silk. A Wolfean pun? H'mmmm............