Subject: (whorl) Books of Silk & Gold

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 01:07:00 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #3383473 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET00#

Excellent work, Agent Raster (aka Charles Dye)!  Quite substantial,
providing much food for thought.  (And very little room for
debate--it looks so conclusive.)

You seem to have done it so easily, too . . . would you like to have
the rest of the Writings as your sphere of expertise, tracing down
the non-Marcus Aurelius Antoninus passages and allusions?  For
example, we've been talking about passages relating to the Outsider,
then there's source for name Oreb (I think), the opening lines (isn't
it something like "Look upon my works and tremble"?), some bits about
Kypris, etc.  "Q&D" has some raw citations but no paraphrasing or
taging (oh =that's= very useful), so we can help out by whipping up
some of the other pieces at least.

Even if you decline to follow this any further, you've provided a
solid foundation.  Me, I'm one happy camper!

=mantis=