Subject: (whorl) Time Corriders

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:48:00 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #4417036 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET#

(Q&D count down: 11 remaining)

Xury,

Silk in time corridors, that would be after surgery on Hieraxday, 30
Nemesis.  Whoops, I guess not--seems like that's where you were looking
before; there's the Outsider with his healing hands.  Okay, try
post-surgery on Thelxday at Ermine's . . . here we go (III, ch. 8, p.
290).

Talon,

Good puzzlers re: whorl geography.  The seasons and artificial
lattitude effects I just leave up to the Fliers and their magic; but
I hadn't really considered that daytime shadows would be so static
that one could literally paint them in, and every day the real
shadows would appear within the lines, from shade up to shade low!
And before there was talk about "how dark is Nightside, anyway, with
the skylands going through their day," which does challenge our
common sense of Night.

David W.,

Re: Zany Outsider, so Typhon had two gods engineered for himself: a
big daddy ghost in the machine and a bleeding heart vivimancer real
god ("real" in the sense of being outside Main Frame) on the side, to
be used in case of emergency only?  Hmmm.  Okay, that's zany! <g>

=mantis=