Subject: (whorl) Long Sun matters

From: xury <xury at pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 15:44:38 +0000

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

        I, for one, feel that two list may be necessary if all of this talk
continues like it does now. But, on the other side, it is fun to see the
connections between all of Wolfe's books and see how each influence and
compliment each other.
        In other skies, we have Silk. I think this has been brought up
before but, couldn't Silk's "powers of the embryo" be his enlightenment? I
think this has been discussed though. 
        Another question I have is that of, is Chenille a real color? It is
a type of material or fabric I know, but Chenille herself refers to it as a
color, the color that she died her hair, she also says that there are
Chenille flowers, which I am ignorant of also. However, the word in French
means caterpillar, which kind of screws of the whole girl names=flowers.
        One more point is that of both the sacrifical knife and Silk's razor
are bone handled. It is probably merely coincidence but I would like some
opinions.

            Xury

P.S.
      My vote is that Nessus is in South America, but then my only reasoning
is that Mate is a South American beverage(Peruvian, I believe). 

Questions or problems to whorl-owner at lists.best.com