Subject: (whorl) Silk, Hy, Tick Talk

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:53:00 +0000

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #7012232 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET01#

vizcacha,

Great work!  (All those child sacrifice threads find a very nice
grounding in Jerboa-as-one-of-the-old-timers-who-did-that-before-it
was-illegal, btw.  But you already knew that.)

Re: "statutory warnings that Silk is more Moses than Jesus," <g>.
I keep promising myself to find the time to write something about
that . . . maybe this week?

Re: Hy seeing sub-surface areas.  Good points.  If she was a spy and
saw these things then she was holding out on Crane, since he was
poking around at Blood's looking for a way into the tunnels.  If it
is not so much her being a spy as her being possessed 'round the
clock by a goddess, then I can speculate that Kypris heard the story
and went to check it out via monitors--but in this case we have to
ask when the last time Hy had access to a monitor was.  Another
motive for playing tribadic/Trivigauntic patty-cake on the
airship--to get to a monitor?  (I can't recall where the glass was on
the airship.)

Re: Tick talk.  Neat, complete.  (Hey, I never thought of Tick as a
female critter!  I believe you, but where did you pick that up?)  And
another point for the Sphigx connexion--interesting!

Keep up the good work!

=mantis=

Questions or problems to whorl-owner at lists.best.com