Subject: (whorl) Ask the Wolfe

From: David_Lebling <david_lebling at avid.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 09:07:36 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

This is like being a kid in a candy store, but with only one quarter to
spend!

"Was what Silk saw in the manteion Pike's ghost, or an aquastor, or
what?"

and "What about..."  No, no, I'll restrain myself.  I can do it...  I'll
save the other 800 questions for another time.

This could be a lot of fun, and it's very kind of Mr. Wolfe to do it.

     -vizcacha
     (david_lebling at avid.com)

p.s. to Patrick:  Agree wholeheartedly about _There Are Birds_. Have you
tried _Humpty Dumpty: An Oval_?  I'll have to check out _God's Fires_,
as I loved _Cold Allies_ and _Brother Termite_, but haven't read any
other Patricia Anthony since.

p.p.s: Bonus question for Gene Wolfe: "How long have you been wearing a
moustache?" (Saw a picture of him with same in SF Chronicle; he hasn't
always had one, has he?) Try to be oracular about that one!

p.p.p.s: mantis, if you run out of questions (hah!), send him my
compilation of mysteries, literary or whorlographic.