Subject: (whorl) Thinking

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 21:49:00 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #3409186 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INTERNET#

vizcacha,

Re: aquastor question, oh good! <g>

Re: Gene Wolfe's whiskers.  I first saw 'em at World Fantasy Con in
Baltimore, November 1995.  At that time he told me they were still
"under construction."  Kind of straight--like early Fu Manchu.

I saw him next about six months later at Neb Award weekend in Long
Beach.  The ends were feathery at that time.  Far more whimsical, no
longer on the Manchu track.

That's what I know--others can chip in.

Nutria,

Re: your question on enlightenment, thanks!

Joel,

Since your first question overlaps a bit with our other question
about Typhon, I'll go with your second question regarding auguries.

"Cyphlothorax"?  Hmm.  Cyphellothorax: "Hollow of the Ear--breastplate"?
Not quite as euphonious as cephalothorax, imho.  <g>

=mantis=