Subject: (whorl) My Question

From: Wesley Parsons (7065) <wrp at adorno.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 08:22:54 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

I've been reading the posts every day, but have only contributed a few
thoughts myself.  I do have a question for Mr. Wolfe.  It's oblique and may
be inapposite.  But, for what it's worth,

Is there a member (current, former, or future) of the Order of Seekers for
Truth and Penitence on the Whorl; if so, who?

Wes

---

From: Paul C Duggan <pduggan at world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 16:42:18 +0000

"Describe in detail a voided cross and a gammadion"

---

From: Alice Turner <al at interport.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:45:37 +0000

Um, mantis, didn't you get my email? I'd like my question to be:

Why did Auk/Tartaros kidnap Hyacinth, and why, subsequently, did he let her
go?

Can't the Pike's ghost question be from all of us?

-a plaintive alga-

---

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 01:27:00 +0000

Reply:  Item #0457038 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET03#

alga,

Ah, my mistake--which is why I will henceforth stick to my guns and
not allow =any= first train questioneers until the mad dash in real time
at the last second as determined by myself and my whim.

What the hey--it is Wednesday already.  And I wanna send it out on
Friday morning.  Okay, we'll throw open the cattle car doors for
Thursday, 26 Jun 1997, GMT.  And the first one at 00:02:42 is alga,
with her question re: what she just said.

OKAY everybody, only eight (8) more seats left on this train!  And
only 23 odd hours left to fill 'em!

=mantis=

P.S. I guess this means Wesley Parsons might not make it in time, re:
his automated reply to alga's message.

---

From: Kieran Cleary <kcleary at tinet.ie>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 15:37:05 +0000

Dear Wesley Parsons:

I'm a subscriber to the whorl mailing list, and received the following
message about 70 times today.

----------
> From: WESLEY PARSONS <WRP at adorno.com>
> To: whorl at lists.best.com
> Subject: (whorl) My question -Reply
> Date: Thursday, June 26, 1997 1:00 AM
> 
> 
> I'm out of the office today.  Please call my secretary, Ginger Brown, at
7066, or leave me a voicemail message at X 7065.
> 
> *This is WHORL, for discussion of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun.
> *More Wolfe info & archive of this list at
http://moonmilk.volcano.org/whorl/
> *To leave the list, send "unsubscribe" to whorl-request at lists.best.com
ranjit at best.com
> *If it's Wolfe but not Long Sun, please use the URTH list:
urth at lists.best.com