Subject: (whorl) Second Train Thoughts

From: Joel Priddy <jpriddy at saturn.vcu.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 19:30:09 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

mantis say:
>>Yikes, all these last minute dashers!  Shall we officially
start up
the next list of questions, in order of questions received after
alga?
With preference given to those who haven't asked a question yet?
(Andplenty of time for peer pressure to make 'em change the
words/essence
into questions that we, the Committee, can agree upon? <g>)

Before I was thinking that questioners might want to see the
answers
to the first questions before posing the second.  But it is true
that
they can still change/modify their questions in light of the
response
before we fire off the especially trained courier snail.<<

 I'd say that we should definitely wait until we've heard from
Wolfe on the first barrage of questions. Who knows what he'll say
that will either be so oblique that we need to ask around it
again, or what revelation might throw us on our collective ear. 
  Also, we should see what is said on the on-line interview.
  After that, It's a good idea to give priority to those who
didn't get a question in for the first round. This kills me say,
because I REALLY want to ask the Pas-Typhon question. I'll just
have to bide my time...

BTW, mantis, could you post the fifteen questions that made it
into the hopper?

-cephalothorax-