Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v005.n019

From: Matthew Freestone <matthew at matthewf.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 18:36:54 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Hi,
At the risk of going completely off topic, let me just add a couple more
Crowley comments.

Lasrach writes:
>I must say that I'm gratified that Gene Wolfe recommends John Crowley. I
>just interrupted my reread of the New Sun books as I got my hands on
>Crowley's latest 
What is Crowley's latest - on a recent search for Crowley stuff on the
Web I came across the title 'Daemonology' as being the third part of
AEgypt - do you mean that (I'd assumed it wasn't finished yet)?

The URL is www.tezcat.com/~josephb/lit/crowley/index.html if you were
wondering.

Lasrach again:
>I had thought that Crowley was as coterie (more so, perhaps) than Wolfe.
>Delighted to discover my misapprehension.
I suspect there are quite a few Crowley fans on this list - we'll see.

btw, Mantis, you forgot about Novelty - which includes GWOT, and three
other stories. Two of them, 'In Blue', and 'Novelty' (which seems to be
the infundibular version of AEgypt) are great favourites of mine. 
I'd put AEgypt at the top of my list, then Little, Big, then Engine
Summer.

Cheers,
--                              II         |\      _,,,---,,_
Matt Freestone                  II    zzz. /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_.
matthew at matthewf.demon.co.uk    II        |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
www.matthewf.demon.co.uk/       II       '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)