Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v005.

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 20:22:00 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #5934954 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INTERNET#

Matthew Freestone,

Ah, you caught the NOVELTY that I missed.  I thought of it only after
I'd sent, thought of sending an addendum, thought again.

"Infundibular" is "funnel-shaped," isn't it?  While I've noticed that
the short stories in ANTIQUITIES are often "miniatures" of Crowley
novels, I confess I can't quite understand how a short can be a
"funnel-shaped" version of either a novel (AEGYPT) or a series of
novels (AEGYPT the series).  Please elaborate!  (I don't have NOVELTY,
btw & fwiw.)

Hierodule,

Ah, you were there too!  Great!  Hmmm--as you suggest, that history
spread is quite different if it refers only to the duration of the Age
of the Autarch rather than the whole period separating Earth from
Severian.  <Watching for that transcript!>

=mantis=