Subject: (whorl) Wolfe's Women

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 20:13:00 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #2233021 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET01#

cephalothorax,

Welcome back.  Let's see, you wrote: "Wolfe's women do seem to have a
kind of limited repertoire: the Stand-In for Divine Love, the Sex
Object, and Agent of Destruction."  Since I don't want to put words
in your screen, please expand a little on this by first identifying
which one of the three types goes to each of the following:

Agia
Dorcas
Foila (armigette)
Jolenta
Juturna
Kypris
Maytera Marble
Maytera Mint
Morwenna
Orchid
Maytera Rose

Second, please enumerate the types available to Wolfe's men, so that
we may compare and constrast these two sets (assuming that they
aren't the same).

Thanks in advance!

=mantis=