Subject: (whorl) The _Peace_ Train

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <ranjit at best.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 15:41:43 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

OK, so it's a Whorl Train, but I have that song in my head.
And I'll thank you to stop badmouthing Philadelphia, my
adopted hometown, at least until I can get the hell out of
here.

Anyway, I would like to adopt Vizcacha's first question,
which is pretty much the same as my original one which got
lost in the rush to board the first train:

  "Mint states that she had to give up many things, 'five of
  them very great,' to become a sibyl.  Can you tell us what
  those five things were?"

--r.

---

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 02:27:00 +0000

Reply:  Item #9998278 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET00#

Ranjit!  Sorry I missed your question in my lame round up of late
entries--thanks for bringing it up again!  Okay, you are in seat
number 20.

=mantis=

P.S.  Attention all Q&D owners!  Please submit via private e-mail
(i.e., let me preserve some semblance of dignity behind a shield) all
corrections (of facts, typos, etc.), comments, additions, and so on.
Your efforts will be rewarded (in some token way).

"Speak now--well, within the month of July, let's say--or forever
hold your peace."

=m=