Subject: (whorl) gnash vs. aspirin

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 20:14:00 +0000

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #2458908 from WHORL at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET02#

David Langford,

LOL!  Yes, but while you gnash over Quetzal not being Pike's ghost,
I'm relieved because that level of "schizophrenia" on the part of Q
was giving =me= a headache.

Re: Mint/Marble mixup.  What made it seem so likely was the
reciprocal nature of the two mistakes.  But yes, another headache
soothed.  Unless he retrofits it somehow into the Short Sun--but no,
he couldn't do that, now, could he? <g>  (Leave some aspirin in the
jar, just in case.)

Of course I'm tempted to say "There are no dumb questions," but
people say that so often that I believe it less each time.  And you
wouldn't believe the sort of things I've asked.  But you can see
quite clearly the sort of answers I get.  Which is why, of course,
the Lexicon is my book and not his book.  (Not that I'm complaining,
mind you, just that sometimes people seem to think that I just sort
of sat at his feet and took notes or played twenty questions.)

But having writ all that, PLEASE don't be bashful with questions or
comments!  We're all chums here.  Let the questions fly, and as we
try to answer them we will (inadvertantly) reveal more of our own
personal versions of these tremendous books.  Nothing ventured,
nothing gained.

=mantis=