Subject: (whorl) False Gods and Bufes

From: Brownes3 <brownes3 at aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 01:44:48 +0000

First, I would like to thus _custodes_ responsible for maintaining these two
sites. Having just finished reading Exodus and being confused :) , I am
grateful to all for the many elucidations.

Second, a comment. In the scene in the tunnel where they are scrambling after
Eland's bufes, Remora says, early on "These victims,eh?" "For, hem! Pas. So
they are gathering up one set of "false gods" in order to sacrifice them to
another "false god." I chuckled over that one and missed another bit that
puzzles me. I haven't seen this directly addressed elsewhere?

I understand Urus has conspired in the assassination attempt, but does Maytera
Mint consider him human pornography -- no redeeming social value? Everyone
else she sees a little good -- Eland loves the false tunnel gods.

Why is Urus pure evil?

Rich Browne
Brownes3 at aol.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/

---

From: Peter Westlake <peter at harlequin.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:37:07 +0000

>else she sees a little good -- Eland loves the false tunnel gods.

Perhaps he just is? It could be that Mint knows he's plotting
something, but it could also be that he is a member of a hostile
group who she doesn't trust simply because he isn't a nice person.
Or is that too simplistic?

 -- the ever-simplistic, 
    Spectacled Bear.

Peter Westlake, Harlequin Ltd, Barrington Hall, Barrington, Cambs CB2 5RG.