Subject: (whorl) Names, animals, and meanings (B1)

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:44:10 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

Continuing the name list:

Babirousa.  Also babirusa or babirussa.  (Babyrousa babyrussa is the
scientific name).  Malay, from baabii (hog) and ruusa (deer).  A
hairless porcine creature.  The male's teeth stick out beyond the lip.
 Likes to hide.  He is a member of Incus' circle of black mechanics,
and the teeth sticking out remind us of Incus.

Bass.  The giant sea bass (Stereolepis gigas) most closely resembles
the bouncer at Orchid's.

Bellflower.  A plant with bell-shaped flowers.  Usually of the genus
Campanula or a related genus.

Betel.  The betel pepper (Piper betle) or the betel palm (Areca
catechu).  The nut of the palm is chewed with the leaves of the pepper
as a stimulant by southern Asian cultures.  This may show that Maytera
Betel was once a prostitute (compare many with drug names) and that is
why she's simpathetic to Rose's pregnancy.

Bison.  A species in the genus Bison.  Because all of the animals used
as names in BLS come from the Americas, this is probably the bison
(Bison bison).  He probably has this name because bisons fight for
cows, like he fights for Mint, though not in exactly the same way.

prion
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/