Subject: (whorl) Names, animals, and meanings (B2)

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:41:15 +0000

This is Sean Whalen (prion).

Continuing the name list:

Bittersweet.  The poisonous plant in Eurasia (Solanum dulcamara).  A
weed with purple flowers and red berries.  It has a bittersweet taste.
 This is a member of the black mechanics, and apparently female.

Blood.  Blood is a saline fluid in the veins and arteries of animals. 
It contains red and white blood cells.  It is red when oxygenated and
purple when not. It allows a person to breathe.  It is saltwater, such
as what a pike swims through, that is the color of roses (this is a
stretch).  Blood, the crimelord, has a red face (you can see his
blood).  Blood runs the criminal network in Viron, like a network of
veins and arteries.  Blood is an uncommon name, thought to be unlucky
because of its sinister connotations.  Blood is also fairly sinister
and unpleasant.  Blood and Musk are the only men named after bodily
fluids.

Bluebell.  Any flower with a bell-like blue flower, often in genus
Campanula.  Also the wood or grape Hyacinth.  She's a prostitue like
Hyacinth and Bellflower.

Bongo.  A species of large forest-dwelling antelopes from Africa,
either Tragelaphus eurycerus, Tragelaphus angasi, or Tragelaphus
isaaci.  Reddish brown or chestnut brown in color with white stripes. 
Also a timber tree (Bombacaceae Cavanillesia platanifolia).  Of
course, it could also an American canoe (also called a bungo), a
Trinidadian dance, or even a kind of drum. This is the name of the
baboon that isn't sacrificed.

Bream.  The name for many different species of fish, including a
cyprinid (Abramis brama).  The thief with this name provides a
sacrifice for Kypris, whose name is related to cyprinid (they're both
from Cyprus).

Brocket.  A South American deer of genus Mazama.  Small with
unbranching horns.  Also a male red deer two years old.  Mint's cousin.

Bull.  The male of many species, usually a male cow.  Quetzal's
prothonotary.

Bustard.  A member of family Otididae.  Birds that mainly walk on the
ground rather than flying, connecting him with auks.  Bustard is Auk's
older brother.

prion
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.moonmilk.com/whorl/

---

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:35:29 +0000

prion

---

From: mary whalen <marewhalen at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:42:25 +0000

prion